Friday, May 27, 2011

one of the few trash cans on campus and this is how it usually looks

lighting in rooms is terrible so we use our headlamps for reading - good thing we brought lots of AA batteries

Here's why the lighting is bad.  Even in the best of homes you find one bare bulb hanging from the ceiling and they seem to have nothing bigger than a 60 W here.

Washing clothes Malawi style

An addendum to yesterday's quest to get the ringer on my phone fixed.  I went back to the store at 1:30 they were closed for lunch.  Finally I went back again at 3 and the problem got fixed but it was a lot of walking. Then i got a mini to go to main mini station and bus died just before the bridge - after about a mile.  The conductor said "we are dropping here" and everyone had to get off and there is no money back. So I hoofed it about a mile through a very congested area to the buses from my area - got on a bus that had to be pushed to get started, and had no springs so I rode home banging my head on the ceiling and was happy to arrive.  Not a good day in minibus land.

No comments:

Post a Comment