Thursday, December 9, 2010

Getting ready to go

With less than a month before I leave for Malawi I am getting busier by the minute. I still have to finish grades for my classes here, clean up my office so Vickie, who will cover my clinical for me has a place to work and can find things. Then there is Christmas which up until now I have been ignoring because I don't have time for it yet. I am not a list maker but at 430AM today I decided I really need to make one - too many details to get ready. I did go to California last weekend to say farewell to my sisters and brother, nieces and nephews. This weekend I must finish laying a floor and start working on the LIST!!!
I have been invited to stay in the Dean's guest wing when I go to Malawi and that really relieved me of concern at least for the first few days. I can stay longer if I want and I likely will do that but will have to negotiate a fee. The books for Malawi have been shipped and I collected an extra rolling duffel bag while I was in California - how will I get everything I need into 100#?

1 comment:

  1. HI CArol,

    I"m learning all about blogging from you. Hope you have a great time and that we can get together.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete