Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Packing - or trying to pack


Well today was the day I decided to try to figure out what I needed to take with me. So I emptied my closets and brought in the stack of odds and ends I knew I'd need like flashlights, extra headlamp, sewing kit, etc and started sorting on my king size bed. Then I called my husband in and he said - "You can't take all that!" Then we decided I had to go buy a new black skirt since the one I had was too heavy and nearly everything I had in the pile went with black. So off I went to the Mall (first time this season). I got there early enought so it wasn't too bad. When I got home I began to cull the pile. Finally I had reduced the pile and moved it by categories: blouses, skirts, etc to the queen sized bed, where I got rid of a few more things. Tomorrow I'll see what fits in the bags. Seven months is a long time!!

It's been hard saying farewell to my good buddies and I was so touched when my wonderful hairdresser Renee was nearly in tears when I left her today after my last haircut before my departure.

So tonight i am normalizing by making cookies for the holidays. I haven't got time for it but I don't have time not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment