Sunday, January 2, 2011

Report from London


Arrived at 330 AM Sunday (PST) at Heathrow after waiting 45 minutes on the Tarmac at Kennedy for a runway and then 20 more minutes in Heathrow waiting for a gate. Had a lovely (yes that means good looking) young Portuguese boy (14) sitting next to me. He was very sweet and was with his family in NY for New Years. He was in all the mess in Times Square which he described as “being a sardine in a can”. I promised his mother I would take care of him but he didn’t need much care and was a charming companion while we were both awake.
He played videogames and slept and I watched “Winter’s Bone” (a really great movie), and slept. The plane was full of students, many on study tours of England. The group nearest me was studying Shakespeare so they were all reading plays and getting ready for class on Monday. The plane had virtually no leg room if you put a brief case under the seat so I woke up with crampy legs and was happy to trek all over Heathrow. I am waiting to snag a big couch – they have some in the South end of the “long haul” terminal but you have to wait like a vulture.
I am pretty tired but I think I will try to stay awake so I can sleep most of the way to Johannesburg. I am enjoying all the languages here. I has Swedish and Italians near me when I got coffee and Canadians on their way home to Montreal in line for the screening. I am enjoying my Kindle and the chance to access the internet.
I loved the light scupture so I thought I would share it with you all. More pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment